Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ANON: Halloween

As a grown person, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Halloween scares me. Of course it's supposed to be a fun/scary night. For me, however, the scary way outweighs the fun.

The sight of even a 4 and a half foot high child in a mask and black clothes takes me right back to every movie that's ever scared me. I don't say "scary movie" because I've been just as scared by nonscary movies. Think back to the scariest film moment from your childhood. Sometimes when seen through the eyes of an adult, it ain't scary it's laughable!

I don't like the process of going up to the front doors of strange neighbors to beg for candy. They were strange yesterday and will be again tomorrow but today LET'S ASK THEM FOR CANDY.

I don't like walking around my usually benign neighborhood because it's now filled with ghouls, witches, vampires, werewolves, and Spongebobs.

This is the holiday that makes me feel like a socially retarded, frightened kid and a grumpy old adult at the very same time!

So, trick or treat and have fun tomorrow! I will certainly try...

No comments: