Saturday, November 10, 2007

WC: Not Jaded Yet--or Ever

I am 52 years old. I have been out of the closet for over 30 years. I have slept with not-quite-dozens of women. Being a lesbian is old hat to me. Yet it still thrills me to see a movie or TV show where women love each other, and even better, kiss and touch each other.

I guess that's one of the advantages of being in an oppressed minority--you don't ever get the opportunity to take things for granted. Maybe someday there will be so many depictions of lesbians in movies and on TV that they will be unremarkable. But, for me personally ever to become jaded about them, there would have to be thousands. No, hundreds of thousands. Millions?

Nah, I never could be jaded--I have too many years (decades!) of deprivation to make up for.

And you know what? There is nothing on earth more beautiful than two women kisssing.

(By the way, this was brought on by watching the reasonably good TV movie of Sarah Waters' Fingersmith.)

No comments: